First Visit / What To Expect-What To Bring-How To Dress
What to Expect During Your First Physical Therapy Appointment
1. Your first visit with our Physical Therapist (PT) will be approximately 1 hour. During this time, our PT will review your health history and physical therapy needs with you. Your injury/condition will be evaluated to determine the best plan of care to help you.
2. What to wear: Dress comfortably. We have gowns and shorts so you don’t have to bring anything in particular unless you want to. We have private rooms for your evaluation, and you may also be in our gym area if treatment indicates use of some of our rehabilitation equipment.
3. What to bring: Bring your insurance cards, driver’s license or other form of identification, any medical records your physician may have given you, and your physician referral if he/she gave one to you. If you do not have records or a referral, we will contact your physician if we need them.
We also need a full listing of prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, herbals, or vitamins you currently take. This can easily be obtained from your pharmacist, or you may simply write a list.
4. Come to your first appointment 30 minutes early to complete necessary paperwork for your medical record and/or insurance company.
5. If you are unable to come to your appointment, please call ahead as soon as possible and we will work with you to reschedule.
We look forward to seeing you!