Physical Therapy for Pre-Surgery and Post-Surgical Care in Superior, WI and Duluth, MN, Poplar Maple, Solon Springs, Gordon, Foxboro, Lake Nebagamon, Barnes, South Range & surrounding areas
If you are experiencing loss of function and associated pain due to major or minor injuries or illnesses, it is time to give us a call.
At the Center for Muscle & Joint Therapy, we are experts at restoring function and alleviating associated pain. By using the best tools and practices in physical therapy it’s our goal to work with you to fashion a personalized physical therapy plan that not only helps to relieve physical pain, but also help you thrive physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Surgical Rehabilitation – Pre and Post
Undergoing a surgical procedure can be a stressful event for your body, leaving you at times with difficulty in returning to activities of daily living. At the Center for Muscle & Joint Therapy, we customize your physical therapy plan based on your individual needs and goals.
- Pre-Surgery treatment helps to condition your body for future surgical procedures and can reduce surgical recovery time. By building resistance, your body prepares itself for surgery and post-surgical treatments.
- Post-Surgical treatment is needed following most orthopedic surgeries. Post-surgical physical therapy can help speed up recovery time, and promote the best possible post-surgical outcome.
The Latest Therapy Techniques & Rehabilitation
At the Center for Muscle & Joint Therapy, we utilize the most recent and effective therapy techniques and rehabilitation methods to help our patients make a complete and efficient recovery. Our team has 112 combined years of physical therapy experience, and maximizes their continuing education requirement annually.
- Manual Therapy Techniques: Being able to restore joint mobility by techniques that focus on the joints themselves. Muscle facilitation and relaxation techniques.
- Home Exercise Program Development: Progressing you from your physical therapy rehabilitation to specific exercises or techniques that you can perform at home to ensure continued and/or lasting improvement.
- Vertigo: Physical therapy is one of the number one treatment methods for vertigo. By using non-invasive techniques, physical therapy can help eliminate the dizziness from vertigo and provide you with routine exercises to keep dizziness away.
- Balance: Physical Therapy can restore balance which is lost from injury and age with specific techniques that improve how your joints interact with your brain.
- TMJ: Physical Therapy has specific techniques that help restore jaw function and reduce pain.
The Kinesio Taping Method is a healing technique that works in harmony with your body’s natural healing process. By stabilizing muscles and joints without restricting motion, the Kinesio Taping technique is used to treat a wide variety of medical injuries and conditions.
The Graston technique helps improve soft tissue mobilization by breaking down scar tissue through the use of specially-made stainless steel instruments. These instruments are designed to detect and treat conditions such as chronic inflammation and soft tissue fibrosis.
Dry needling is a skilled technique using sterile, solid, small gauge needles to penetrate aggravated muscle tissue for the purpose of decreasing pain and improving function. It encourages healing and can improve functional mobility by increasing blood flow, decreasing muscle tension and positively stimulating the nervous system.