Wellness & Personal Training, Pilates & Yoga classes, sports groups wellness presentations in Superior, WI and Duluth, MN, Poplar Maple, Solon Springs, Gordon, Foxboro, Lake Nebagamon, Barnes, South Range & surrounding areas
Wellness is an active process of improving your health and living a full and long life. By combining nutrition and exercise, wellness can be achieved no matter what your age or physical condition. Regular exercise is an important component of staying healthy and living longer, which is why we offer a variety of physical fitness options to our patients of all ages.
At the Center for Muscle & Joint Therapy, we work hard to create a culture of wellness and help our patients develop a habit of ample physical activity that is not only enjoyable but helps to keep our patients and our community healthy and happy.
The Benefits of Exercise as You Age
It’s a well-known fact that as we age, we engage in less and less physical activity. Life tends to slow down in our golden years, and we trade healthy living for a more relaxed and less physically demanding lifestyle. But exercise doesn’t have to be a drag; in fact, it can be fun.
There are many benefits of exercising as you age. Not only is exercise good for your physical health, but it can also boost your mental health and your emotional health.
Some of the many benefits of exercise include:
- Decreasing the risk of physical disease including heart disease and diabetes.
- Improving mental health by releasing endorphins that act as a stress reliever.
- Decreasing the risk of falling by working to strengthen muscle and increase flexibility.
- Increasing social engagement by offering outlets for social activity for people to build friendships and avoid depression.
- Increasing cognitive function to lower risk of dementia and fine-tune motor skills.
The benefits of exercise are evident at all ages. In your advanced years, it could mean the difference between living longer and fuller. Ask us about our many wellness classes and services available.
Wellness at the Center for Muscle & Joint Therapy
Exercise does not have to be a burden, in fact, exercise can be a fun activity that releases endorphins and helps individuals meet new people and make new connections. We not only encourage healthy living but also facilitate healthy activities to make exercise fun and easy.
Some of the classes that we provide are:
- Pilates classes
- Yoga classes
- Individualized Pilates reformer sessions
- Personal training
- Customized wellness presentations for groups – (i.e. ski clubs, golf associations, knitting groups, etc.)
Learn more about the classes we offer and the wellness training activities to keep you happy and healthy for years to come.